Saturday, February 25, 2012

Days 7 & 8

Day 7 - The usual: play practice, another preschool tour, endless laundry, a visit to Michaels, a Costco run, lots of housework, and I let the kid watch t.v. too much.

We also started some artwork for the girls room (it's a bit of an experiment).  I picked up the paint for it earlier in the day at Michaels.  Ellie was sitting in the front of the cart and she started throwing out the paint bottles almost as fast as I could toss them back in.  One opened, splattering paint onto the floor.  So, I switched Ellie to the seat-belted top part and moved Lainey to the front of the cart with the paint.  It was while I was wandering around the frame section that Alaina asked me to clean off her hands.  I looked down at her and saw that she had managed to open one of the paint bottles.  She said she did it to "check it" and that "it spilled."  I raced her to the bathroom, cart and all and attempted to mop up all the paint from her hands, clothes, legs, and the bottom of the cart.  Then it was back to frame section to continue browsing.  Pretty much as soon as I got there I felt like I had stepped in something.  Yup.  It was a puddle of Lainey's blue paint that I hadn't noticed during the initial hubbub.  Laines could tell I was upset.  She told me that she wanted to show me something and guided me to the front of the store where she pointed to the artificial flowers.  She said, "See the flowers?  Now you're happy!"
Day 8 - I slept in a tiny bit.  Like, maybe 30 minutes, but it was lovely.  When I went downstairs I saw this: 
Yeah, I let Ellie sleep topless the night before because she fought me so much (reminded me of Lizzie's topless toddler stage).  Oh, and she likes to wear her older sisters clothes on top of her head or around her shoulders.
Other updates from today: had the kids help me clean the upstairs (took like four times longer than I thought it would), playdate for Liz, my friend Nicole came and watched the kids for me while I got a massage! (it was so, so wonderful), dropped Liz off for a sleepover birthday party, and the little ones and I went to play with the trains at Barnes and Noble.  When we arrived Ellie took off running chanting, "find trains, find trains." 

Earlier when I was helping Liz clean her room she started started reorganizing her closet (I had sent her in to clean it up) which of course slowed the process down significantly.  It was SO frustrating and I kept thinking, oh, so this is how Andrew feels (about me and cleaning).   

No comments:

Contributors