Sunday, February 12, 2012

Surprise Party

A couple weekends ago some friends and I threw a surprise birthday party for our friend, Wendi. 
We had fun with the party details, especially the decorations.
 Wendi's hubby ordered her a fancy cake.  I volunteered to pick it up for him while he kept her out of the house.  I was super nervous driving with that thing, but we made it.
 Birthday gal
The party turned out quite nice and my family had a good time there.  Liz enjoyed seeing her friends and Lainey and Ellie especially enjoyed all the good food.
 In the shots below I'm feeding Ellie the remnants of Sarah B's delicious fruit dip: two parts Greek yogurt, one part Nutella.  I kinda wanted to eat it by the spoonful as well.
In other news that day: I went to a PTA training on the ins and outs of scheduling the buildings for after-school activities.  It was so incrediably boring that I chuckled a little when the teacher said, "That's your T & A.  You know what T & A means right?" without the slightest inclination that it could mean anything other than her boring school county jargon.  At least that woke me up for a little while.

Also that day, I got a ticket for having expired tags (I was driving Andrew's car at the time).  Coincidentally I was in the process of explaining what a "violation fine" was when I saw the flashing lights.  Lizzie was pretty upset--especially when the cop told me about how I had the option of appearing in court.  Turns out Liz thought if I went to court I might be sent to jail.  When the cop was out of earshot she asked, Mommy are you in trouble?  I said, No.  Daddy's the one in trouble--with the cops and with me.

No comments:

Contributors