Friday, February 24, 2012

Days 4, 5 & 6

Day 4: Same old busy Tuesday with Joy School, pottery class, and piano lessons.  Since daddy's off playing we're here doing our usual routine I decided to make it more fun for the girls with an outing to Silver Diner for their weekly kids night.  My girls especially loved the face painting.  Actually they all had something painted on their arms (even Ellie).  Lizzie did it so she wouldn't have to wash it off for school the next day and her little sisters followed suit.
Day 5: I drug the little girlies on two preschool tours (still trying to decide what to do with Laines next school year) then rewarded us all with a relaxing playdate (seriously I wish I could have stayed there all day).  Here are some moments from the day:
 Ellie's mad that Lainey made it to the chair before her.

 I had just told her, sure you can have a snack right after you let me take your picture (not quite the look I was hoping for).
 Lizzie celebrating when I told her she'd be doing pedicures at Activity Day girls that night.
 Holding hands!  Ahhhhhhh.  (See the pile of boxes in the background?  The night before I finally finished unpacking everything from our move 11 months ago!  Now to put it all away before Drew returns  .  .  .  )

This little kid was not very pleasant during my visiting teaching visit that evening (oh how I hate dragging all the kids with me to those), but she made up for it by being super cute at bedtime.
 
Day 6: Another full day what with Lainey's Joy School, Lizzie's karate and homework, Ellie's baby class, and my errands. Happily, I was able to arrange a couple babysitters so I could have some ME time.  In the afternoon my friend, Wendi took the little ones to the giant new sandbox at Lee Rec Center (actually a sand volleyball court, but it was filled with toddlers and sand toys yesterday).  After bedtime a mom from my babysitting co-op came over so I could go to the ladies craft night at a friend's house.  So nice and I made a cute fabric measuring stick to record the girl's growth.  I'm on the downhill slope to Drew's return and it honestly hasn't been too bad (of course it helps that I'm not pregnant or stuck in a tiny condo and instead of record-breaking snowstorms, we've had unseasonably mild/warm weather).

No comments:

Contributors