Friday, September 24, 2010

Birthday celebration #2

Just got back from taking cupcakes to Lizzie's school. For some reason it was super stressful this year. Lizzie wanted store bought ones but I wanted to be super mom and make rainbow layered ones (at the last minute of course).Both babies cried at my feet while I prepped things, I didn't have time to let them cool properly before icing them, and Alaina refused to walk down the stairs so I had to carry both girls down two flights of stairs whilst simulataneously balancing 20+ cupcakes on a makeshift cardboard tray.
It was worth it when we got to school. Liz lit up when she saw us and all the kiddies exclaimed over the rainbow cupcakes instead of noticing the flaws (uneven icing, crumbling bottoms, inconsistency in size) as I did.
Lainey enjoyed sitting with the kids and eating popcorn (a surprise gift from Liz). After eating she also lined up with the kids to go back to class. I loved seeing them so happy to be together.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Go SuperMom! They look delicious and Lainey is so cute lining up with the kids. Nolan did the same thing when he was that age and K was in kindergarten. He also has and loves those pj's - calls them his "funny pajamas".

Contributors