Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The First Day

Today was Lizzie's first day of second grade. I honestly thought she'd have a hard time going since we hadn't gone to check out her classrooms and teachers last Friday (oh, and, she's been saying that she doesn't want to learn Spanish anymore), but things went pretty well. She mostly had issues with getting ready in the morning because she couldn't find her clothes (I haven't really unpacked them yet) and we had very, very limited breakfast options (I hadn't bought food yet). Speaking of, today was also my first day at our temporary apartment.I'm surprised how long it is taking me to unpack. I'm also surprised at how many things I need to re-buy. When I packed up our condo I made sure to set aside the girl's fall clothing in an easy-to-find area of the storage unit, but didn't bother doing the same thing with ANY kitchen items. Stupid? Yes, very stupid.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Where are you living? Did Lizzie like her new class?

Contributors