Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Day

First on the agenda was EMPTYING OUR STOCKINGS.
Santa gave each girl a candy cane form full of candy. Lizzie took one look at hers and said in a happy chirpy voice, "I don't think I like this so I guess you get to have this candy" and passed it over to me. Alaina on the other hand, immediately started eating her candy and tried to eat any other candy she saw (regardless of who owned it). Ellie is chewing on the book Santa left in her crib. Lizzie & Lainey's bed books were: The Anti Coloring Book & How to Build an A respectively. I LOVE & recommend them both.Next was OPENING PRESENTS:Alaina was pretty much done after opening one present and had to be encouraged to open more.Halfway through all the unwrapping Andrew looked at me and said, "I think they would have been happy with just half of this." Yeah, probably. Andrew did a great job shopping for me especially since the only suggestions I gave him were: garments & white house ornaments.THANK YOU NANA & AUNT CODI - The girls love their presents. Once everything was opened we ate CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST. Then the grownups took turns relaxing.WHILE DREW & GABBY NAPPED . . . I hung out with the older girls.We set up Lizzie's Barbie gear.We watched Christmas cartoons.And I finally got Alaina to open up one of her last two gifts. I was going to save the other for Christmas 2011, but Alaina noticed it the next morning and opened it.Check out this mess: In the afternoon we headed out to our friends, the Pomeroys, home for our now TRADITIONAL BARBECUE RIB DINNER. Pictured below, Lizzie is sporting her new American Girl jacket.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love the family picture at the end of the post. So cute. And Drew's beard is red! Crazy!

Contributors