Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 23/Thursday

Yesterday morning I stomped around the apartment grumpily complaining about the mess and saying things like "Everybody just sit still and be quiet" and "Why can't you all just sit still and be quiet?!" I was sick and I felt overwhelmed, but gradually I got the kids and the place cleaned up. When we met Drew for lunch he gave me some "non-drowsy DayTime" medication and it worked so fast that before the meal was over I could actually taste it. Needless to say, the afternoon and evening went much better.
For Christmas Eve dinner my family traditionally did a fancy meal. For awhile we had Cornish game hens and sat in the dining room and used goblets. Then we started dining out. Andrew's family stayed in and had a big spread of appetizers for their traditional Christmas Eve meal. This year will the first year (since we've had kids) that we will be home on Christmas Eve and we've decided to do Drew's family tradition. I'm looking forward to our kid-friendly finger foods tonight. The girls already had some of the pigs-in-a-blanket last night (they requested it and I was feeling extra friendly after my meanness that morning). Last night's dinner: pigs-in-a-blanket and candycane milkshakes. Yum.

2 comments:

Julie Broadbent said...

looks yummy

Megan said...

My kids love those pigs-in-a-blanket too. Hope you are feeling better.

Contributors