Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve

Even though we had done a lot of prep work ahead of time, Drew and I each ended up going to the store Christmas Eve. Drew went in the morning to get food for the next day and some last minute stocking stuffers for yours truly. I went in the afternoon to get the food I forgot to put on Drew's list in the morning and stockings. I couldn't find our socks from the year before and didn't want to buy new ones. I kept trying to talk Drew into just using Lizzie's knee-highs, but he insisted on actual holiday stockings. He pointed out that he had tried to buy them three other times and I had stopped him each time so it was my responsibility to finally go get them. I had luck at the third store I checked (Target). As per tradition the girls opened holiday pajamas. This year I included some for Drew and I, and holiday dishes.
The girls jammies were snowman themed, the grown-ups had candy-cane patterns. I'm hoping to recycle the latter every year.
Check out her baby "down dog." She can get from her tummy to sitting now (sometimes), but is still not crawling (just scooting backwards or rolling).
I still don't know how to do the timer on my camera so we took turns taking pictures with the kids.
I think that Andrew's photos went much better than mine:
Lizzie set out cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. The cookies are chocolate-covered oreos and marshmallows (rejects from an earlier attempt to make Lizzie's "friend gifts"). I suggested to Liz that she write a thank you note to Santa to leave with the treats. She decided to write a recipe book instead.

No comments:

Contributors