Thursday, December 9, 2010

Recent Countdown Activities

Monday/Day 6 - For FHE we picked out a toy Jake and left it in the Toys for Tots bin. It was a transformer. I thought it would be hard for me and was surprised when it wasn't. What was hard was when the conversation at book club the following night turned to people we knew who had lost their baby or almost did.

Tuesday/Day 7 - The girls wrote letters to Santa and did some holiday crafts. Alaina and I made hand print Santas to finally replace our hand print ghosts and bats from a couple months ago.
Lizzie made glitter snowflake window clings.
Alaina tried to copy Lizzie's pose.
We stuck them on our mirrors instead of our windows. It wasn't easy to get a picture though thanks to the poor lighting, flash on the mirror, and the baby grabbing at my camera strap.
Wednesday/Day 8 - Lizzie helped me pick out a holiday sweater vest for an upcoming ugly sweater vest party, the girls picked out grandparent gifts, and we did our usual evening unwrapping of seasonal story books. Yes, that is what Lainey slept in. After the girls went to bed I replaced all of our holiday activity ideas with mint Hershey kisses in this advent calendar:
Instead of advent activities we'll have a holiday "to do" list--that's more my style anyway and it'll be easy to add other ideas (if I have any). It just seemed like every time Lizzie read an activity idea I had to say, oh that won't work today, let's do this instead.
I just used a dry erase marker on a large picture frame. I plan to use the thing to make a summer to do list in a few months.
Thursday/Day 9 - This morning I hung Lizzie's snowflakes from the light to make a sort of holiday chandelier. While I worked Laina and I shared a bowl of popcorn until I saw her doing this:
Smearing her snot and drool throughout our shared snack. Yuck.Needless to say I threw out whatever was left as soon as Laines went down for her nap. And yes, she is still in her pajamas. We all are. My excuse is my sick baby.

2 comments:

Ward Family said...

I love your dry erase board! I have been wanting to make one for my girls room for a long time. I feel inspired again to do so! You are so ambitious Jill! Very impressive!

Megan said...

Ok, I am exhausted just reading this! I have no idea how you manage to accomplish so many fun activities. I feel like we're lucky to manage homework, dinner, and baths every night! Love the pic of Alaina copying Lizzie's pose, and also in the popcorn bowl!

Contributors