Saturday, January 17, 2009

Heaven or Hell?

So, this past week Liz has expressed a lot of concern about where Drew and I will go after we die. She started out by talking about Hell--though she didn't know the proper term. It was "the place where there's lots of fire and the demon lives." She wanted to know what the people had there--specially if they had toys. No. No bodies so no capacity to hold toys. No toys. No fun things. Lizzie said, "Well, then I definitely don't want to go there."

I asked if Liz if she is worried that she will go "there." She said, "No, kids don't go there. Only grownups." Oh, yes. Of course. I asked if she was worried that mommy and daddy would go there. Yes. She is very concerned. Very, very concerned. And it doesn't seem to matter how many times I explain to her that we will be in heaven with her, she is still worried. So, now I'm wondering why she thinks we might go to Hell. I asked her, but she didn't have an answer.

2 comments:

Horsley5 said...

Welllll . . . you never know. Just kidding. Ok - I just want to say how beautiful your babies are!!! I had a dream last night that you asked me to babysit them while you guys went and did something. Funny huh?

Don't worry about the coat thing - she will grow out of it. Paige did the same thing last year. I recently found out that Paige has had several tardies lately - not because I'm late, but because she lolly gags on her walk up to school. Frustrating!!

Was this comment random enough for ya?

rachael said...

I'm dreading those moments of questions. I don't know how some of you parents come up with appropriate answers within seconds. I'm going to be the parent that stalls till I can compose a good answer, (the follow day or week).

"Kuddos" to you for being patient with her curiosity.

Contributors