Thursday, January 22, 2009

Improvement

Driving - For the first two months Alaina screamed nearly the entire time we were in the car. Now she squeals and coos. So cute. Though to be honest, I used to kind of like to hear her cry because it meant she was alive. Now it's unpleasant. And for my part, I don't poke her nearly as much (to make she she was alive).

Sleep - We're all sleeping more now. For the first couple months I had trouble sleeping because I felt compelled to constantly get out of bed to make sure Lainey's chest was moving. Now I barely do that. I usually just get out for crying.

Perspective - When I was pregnant I was constantly worried that I would miscarry or have another stillbirth. As soon as Alaina was born I worried about SIDS. I'm still a little worried, but some recent research has helped me to calm down a bit. On the First Candle website I found this:

"SIDS remains the leading cause of death for infants one month to one year of age, continuing to claim the lives of more than 2,000 babies each year."

"More than 26,000 babies are stillborn in the United States each year."


I had no idea that more babies are stillborn than die of SIDS. For some reason I thought it was the other way around and knowing these actual numbers gives me some peace. I guess I feel like we have already made it this far . . . Of course now that I've written on all this I'm going to go make sure Alaina is still breathing.

4 comments:

Candice said...

She is so pretty. That's all I can think to say when you post her picture.

I'm glad for your improvements! Good job.

Ryann said...

She is GORGEOUS Jill! I wish I could come over right this minute and play with her!

rachael said...

I am loving the big red cheeks!! I just want to kiss em!!!

Wendi said...

Such a pretty littl lady!!

Contributors