Thursday, January 15, 2009

Play Date

Today Lizzie's friend Jordan came over to play. When these two get together they do this really annoying, stylized baby talk. It totally drives me crazy. Of course they did it today.

One night I mentioned the baby talk and my annoyance to Andrew. He said Liz probably learned it from Jordan and I thought, yeah, probably. When I mentioned the baby talk to Wendi she said she thought Jordan learned it from Liz.

So funny. It just reminded me how often we, as parents, assume some annoying behavior or inappropriate language originates with another child. Surely not our own.

As far as the baby talk goes, I think what probably happened is the girls made it up together in some random play time.

On a different note: Today when I went to an assembly at Lizzie's school her teacher spoke to me about Lizzie wearing a light jacket to school despite the frigid temperature. She had actually gotten a warm coat from the school counselor in case they did recess outside, but Liz refused to put it on. I felt totally embarrassed.

I explained to the teacher that I actually got a warm coat for Lizzie two weeks ago, but she was refusing to wear it and I figured eventually she'd just get cold enough to give in. Even as I was saying it I realized how stupid it sounded. Hello?! She's in kindergarten! She does not get to make those sort of decisions. We've been tardy a lot lately too. I'm so going to be hauled in to talk to that counselor.

Total Bad Mommy Moment.

2 comments:

Ryann said...

I have those same moments with Em about tights, gloves, and scarves. I agee that she'll eventually just get too cold.

Wendi said...

We all have bad mommy moments...can't even count mine!! It was so fun to have Lainey today...Landon was so cute-He was trying to give her yogurt raisins. Having her made me think "I could do this again" I better not tell Darin!!

Contributors