Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Readjusting . . . slowly

Ugh. It is so hard to get back in the swing of things after a vacation.

On Sunday we intended to leave South Carolina at noon. We left at 4 p.m. We did NOT want to come home to real life.

We rolled into town around 11:30 p.m. Not too bad. Andrew said he would NOT unload the van at midnight, but we ended up bringing in five loads together (or a.k.a. half the load we were hauling).

Unfortunately I forgot until mid-way through the drive back that Lainey had a 7 a.m. doctor's appointment Monday morning. Ugh. Miraculously, we made it. She is 10% for height, 30% for head circumference and weight (12 pounds, some ounces). As usual Lizzie completely freaked out about Alaina's shots and refused to be in the room which meant Andrew wasn't there either. No fair.

I spent yesterday hauling stuff in from the van (and finally finished this afternoon), napping with Laina, taking down Christmas decorations, and visiting with Wendi. I'm pretty much doing the same today (except for the nap).

There is A LOT to do. We brought SO much home from my parent's place and Drew is totally pissed about it. According to him we already have too much "crap" in our home and he doesn't like that every time we go to my parent's home we come home with our van completely stuffed with more "crap."

I should note, however, that the last load of "crap" Andrew brought home was a hand-me-down couch that is loads better than our old one, and the last load of "crap" that I brought was baby stuff that we are now happily using: clothing, carseat, swing, and so on. Unfortunately I haven't managed to get the exersaucer in any of the recent loads. I may regret this in the coming months.

8 comments:

flem-fam said...

You can borrow my exersaucer if you don't get yours in time@

Ryann said...

I love to hear about Andrew complaining about crap. terry says that all of the time about stuff we get from my parents:)

and I know how hard it was to get off to school today. I feel your pain!

M & J Bowerbank said...

I am with you in trying to get back to the swing of things. Glad to hear you are back in town.

Codi said...

If I took the time to post, it would sound just like your post (only Scott is the one who brings to much back). I ended up having to reorganize our closets and the garage, in order to store the crib, that we had to take down to make room for Iris' kitchen & toys. Plus put Christmas decorations away and do laundry... we have been home for four days and I finally finished tonight. I decided that there was really no point to cleaning the house before we left. Sorry this turned out to be a really long comment... I just totally understand how your feeling.

Jessica said...

Did Andrew get pissed when he read this post? Hah. I too have an antique exer saucer you can borrow. Oh, and the mirror! Come get the baby mirror! What are your weekend plans?

Sarah said...

Ok, so at least it sounds like you guys are being way more productive in getting back into the swing of things. We still can't seem to eat our breakfast before 11am. Ugh! And as far as crap goes....I just tell Corey we need a bigger place. We have outgrown another home. :) And I'm sorry buy kids are the major crap keepers. Who am I kidding. :)

Robyn said...

I also have an exersaucer that you can definitely use (if Tiffany's isn't good enough...j/k)

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Borrow mine, borrow mine!

Contributors