Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rejuvenating

Andrew and I have been taking turns having a "night off" (actually Drew has two for volleyball). Tuesday is my night and it is so nice to walk out and leave behind unfolded laundry, dirty dishes, and childcare duties to just indulge myself.

Last week my friend, Wendi, and I visited with the Pomeroys and their new cute baby in the hospital. Then we went to The Olive Garden where I ate gobs of bread sticks (but not the ends) and salad and pasta. Yum. When I got home Andrew was super crabby because Alaina cried a lot and wouldn't take a bottle. I made amends by sharing my slice of chocolate mousse cheesecake with him.

Tonight I went to the Stake Family History library and tinkered around with the "New Family Search." Loved it. Afterwards I went to Borders where I sipped super sweet hot chocolate and read a new book until the store closed I absolutely had to leave.

I love my Tuesday nights off. I have great plans to get a pedicure, see a movie, go to the temple, window shop, leisurely try on clothes, go to book group, and have girls nights out with various friends.

I'm giddy with all the possibilities.

6 comments:

Ryann said...

Tuesday is my night too! I think that it is great that you are back in the swing of nights off. Indulge yourself!

Oh yeah, and that quilt is a long time coming. We make one square a month so come December it should be done!

Jessica said...

I can't wait to hang out!

Wendi said...

I think I may have to institute the same thing....Darin and I are going to have a chat when he gets home!!

Codi said...

Such a good idea!

Marilyn Barnes said...

Wish we lived closer so we could help you out with a date night each week. Love ya MOM su

rachael said...

Sounds Great!!! Having some time off really recharges the battery. I'm about to loose my relief here shortly for the next couple of months. I am not looking forward to being the single parent again.

I've done the trying on clothes leisurely, but it didn't turn out very well. I was not happy with anything that I tried on...better luck to you.

Contributors