Sunday, March 22, 2009

Consequences

We are constantly trying to find effective ways to modify Lizzie's behavior through positive and negative reinforcement. It's tricky. Aside from the standard time outs we have two other programs: one for trying new foods and one for temper tantrums.

This weekend we announced to Lizzie that when she throws a tantrum she must surrender a pony for an indeterminate amount of time. She was pretty upset ("I could never give up a pony. I love my ponies."). This weekend she lost three.

This weekend Lizzie also announced a program of her own. Yesterday she informed me that she is going to make a calendar and put an X on every day I'm a "not nice" "bad mommy." Yesterday I go an X. Then today she announced that she is going to to give us a number each day on scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best. She assigned me a 2.
In other news: I finally had professional pictures of Alaina (and Liz) taken. I had pictures taken of Liz EVERY MONTH and intended to take Alaina either every other month or at least every third month. Um, didn't quite happen.
Alaina is doing better with tummy time. Now I just need to do better and maybe she'll roll over and crawl before her one year mark.
I took Laines to the doctor to check out a lingering cough (I'm a little paranoid after last month's RSV) and she 14 lbs, 4 ounces.
Lainey is loving solids: pears, broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes, apples, yellow squash, bananas. Avocado, not so much.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, Liz really has ideas, doesn't she?! She's like, you want to play the take away pony game? Fine, I'll play your game too! Even with an X or a rating of 2 you are an awesome mom.

Ryann said...

That is freaking hilarious!!! I think that I would only get xs and 2s. That story has made my day!

Codi said...

Lizzie kills me, that is too funny! I do wish that Iris had toys she loved enough that we could take them away. She just doesn't seem to care.

Kenny and Kelli Ray said...

That's so funny. She has so much personality...I love it, but it must be challenging some days. At least you got a 2 and not a 0. Ha ha!

Lisa said...

This made me laugh! Jill if you only get a 2 then I would be scared to see my rating...you are an awesome mom! Your girls are so adorable...I love those pictures of Alaina!

Contributors