Saturday, March 7, 2009

To grow up or not grow up?

The other day, when Lizzie refused to brush her teeth, I told her if she didn't brush them they would fall out (inappropriate, I know).

She said, "But I want them to fall out. I want grown up teeth."

On the other hand, when I tell her that she needs to eat growing food or she won't grow (I actually probably said something inappropriate and untrue like "you'll stay little forever"), she explained that she doesn't want to grow up and that she wants to be a little kid forever.

1 comment:

Horsley5 said...

Ok - so I tell my kids these things too. Just go into more detail. Tell her that her teeth won't grow back for awhile or that she will have owy things happen at the dentist. If they want to do big kid things (name something she wants to do when she gets bigger), then she has to eat, etc. Sometimes you have to embellish, but I don't believe in out right lies - like my mother!!

Contributors