Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patty's Day

This morning Liz bounced on our bed and told us that at Mrs. McDowell's house (her kindergarten teacher) "strange things happen on St. Patrick's Day like her milk turns green." Lizzie excitedly wondered if our milk would also turn green. Andrew looked at me. We encouraged Liz to go to the bathroom first and while she did Drew pulled out the food coloring and a gallon of milk.

Other celebratory activities: a gift for Lizzie from the leprechauns (she knew it was from a leprechaun because the attached note wished her "good luck"), green meals (I dyed pancakes and mac 'n cheese), and shamrocks fashioned out of bread sticks. I left the last little project for Drew to do while I went out for a girls night with my friend Jessica. He was a good sport and Jess and I had a fabulous dining at Wegmans.

Liz wasn't in the mood for a picture. She wanted to play with Daddy.

Waiting for Daddy at the metro . . . Lainey is distracted by her hand. I love it when babies do that.

Liz is so excited to see Daddy. She loves to search from him amongst the people streaming from the metro.
Yum. Bread shamrocks covered with green sugar and cinnamon.

Below is Liz dancing while she waits for me to unload Laines at the metro so we can look for Daddy.

7 comments:

Ryann said...

I am so impressed. We didn't celebrate. I didn't even wear green.

Kenny and Kelli Ray said...

I love that you do the "green" thing for Lizzie. For some reason, I remember that your mom always did that for you...am I right?

Julie Broadbent said...

Awesome! I love st. Patrick's Day!

Jill said...

My Mom did do "the green thing" for us and I loved it! It was pretty much the one day of the school year that she packed our lunches and everything was green--napkins, straws, food, plasticware. Naturally breakfast and dinner were green too. So fun.

Jessica said...

Wegs was a blast. Can't wait for a repeat.

Lea said...

We love St. Patty's Day too! One can never have enough green on Mar. 17th!

Marcus and Ali loved watching the video of Liz dancing. They must have watched it at least ten times!

Jones said...

We love St. Patty's Day as well...only Trev was gone all day because of work and school. We always have Reubens (our way of eating corned beef and cabbage). I love the shamrock bread!! We'll have to try it out.

Contributors