Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Walks

I LOVE to go on walks. Drew, not so much.

This means it's even sweeter that he went on on a walk with me last Saturday while Liz was at her friend, Avery's birthday party (she loved it). It was a little windy and chilly and when we pulled up in the parking lot I said, "I don't think I'll last that long in this weather." Drew smiled and said, "That's what I like to hear." We lasted an hour.

I tried to get a shot of the two of us together "to preserve the memories." Andrew kept saying, "I'm not in the picture Jill. You're cutting off my head." I was like, no I'm not. Anyway, I have lots of pictures like this.

SUCCESS! Speaking of success, I got Andrew to go walk around the tidal basin with me yesterday after work. Loved it. It was cold, a little windy, the kids each had crying moments, but overall it was fun and the blossoms were BEAUTIFUL. And even though Drew suggested that the view from the car was even better than the view on foot, I think he secretly had fun.
At one point I tried to change Lainey's diaper while she was still in her stroller. It didn't work too well. We lost a bit of orange poo in the seat. Yuck. We eventually found it mushed into the seat belt. We took turns digging out the mess. It was pretty gross, but funny (or so I thought).
I held Alaina while Andrew cleaned the seat and then she didn't want to go back in.
We let her cry for awhile, then we took turns carrying Lainey and pushing Liz in the baby stroller.
VIDEOS:

4 comments:

Ryann said...

I thought that you wouldn't get Andrew to go this year after our fiasco last year! At least you had a pretty day!

Julie Broadbent said...

Nathan hates the cherry blossoms too. Be strong Andrew.

Chanda said...

I REALLY miss those walks around DC. I don't walk much here--except on the treadmill at the gym. Blah! Your girls are so stinking beautiful, I always say when I see pictures of them. See you in a couple of months!

Jessica said...

I love the smiling shot of Alaina with Drew! What a lucky week of walks for you!

Contributors