Monday, March 2, 2009

Sweets and British parties

I feel like the main thing I did this past weekend is eat sweets. Tomorrow I'm going to have to readjust to a normal diet.

Friday night we went out with our good friends the Davis' and after a delicious dinner and fabulous conversation, Jessica gave me a plate of pistachio, orange, chocolate cookies. Delicious. I ate half for breakfast the following morning and then ate the rest when Andrew gave me the go-ahead to only save him one.

Saturday afternoon Liz went to a birthday party and since she is almost as picky with her sweets as she is with regular food Drew and I got to split all the candy in her goody bag.

Next I went to a baby shower for my VT, Ivy. Lemon cream puffs, stuffed mushrooms, bags of candy, sour cream and brown sugar fruit dip. Yum.

Saturday evening we went to a party to celebrate our friend, Mike's acceptance to Oxford. Again, sweets and lots of them. Chocolate fountain, cake, cupcakes, candy, soda. Again, yum.

Finally, when we picked up Lizzie from the babysitter--my other amazing VT, Carrie--Liz left with a plate of the cookies they had made together. Naturally I had gobs of cookies for breakfast Sunday morning. Delish.

The following are shots from the Oxford party: Drew and I wanted to dress "British." Mostly we wanted bad teeth. We could only find stuff for Drew (Austin Powers wig, glasses, and teeth). I thought he looked pretty funny. We also brought Mike and Janie a bag of British food which included a can of "spotted dick."
A sampling of Janie's amazing cake decorating skills.
Luz, Janie, and I.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad you liked the cookies--I ate them all weekend long too. Sure wish I could have had all the yummy food you did last weekend! Jamie and I had the best time ever with you and Drew. Seriously. Endless cherry coke refills, massive onion rings, and fun, fun, fun covo. Lets play again--Jim Gaffigan???? Can't wait!

Jessica said...

By covo I meant covo. Clearly I am having typing issues because I went through FOUR different word verification 'words' to print that comment. FYI, the word below for me to type is clearly a reflection of my typing issues because in the largest font ever, it reads 'cones.' Easy.

Jessica said...

I am really making a fool out of myself. Conversation!!!!!

Contributors