Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's been a year

I started blogging one year ago today. I never thought I'd get into it, but here I am 259 posts later. It's been fun.

I'm still trying to figure out blog etiquette. Should I delete what I consider annoying/offensive comments (it should be noted that the comments that I found offensive, did not bother Drew)?

Whose blogs should I list on my sidebar? Do I need to ask permission from the blog owners before listing them? Will anyone be offended if I remove them from the list (or neglect to put them on the list)?

I'm also trying to figure out what content is appropriate. No swimsuit pictures. No panties showing. No descriptions of arguments with Drew. That all seems pretty obvious, but what else?

About a week ago I posted a picture of a fun license plate and within an hour Andrew called me to tell me that he removed the post because I was probably infringing on the car owner's privacy rights and whatnot. Oops.

Speaking of, fun license plates . . . last weekend I saw a car with the license plate (don't worry Drew I won't post a picture):

hi ocifr

Ohmygoodness! I laughed so hard. Four days later I'm still chuckling about it. It was parked in a handicapped spot and I wish I would have checked for a handicapped tag because I think it would be even more hilarious if it did not have one. Illegal parking just seems to fit the sassy attitude of the plates.

1 comment:

Kenny and Kelli Ray said...

etiquette shmetiquette...I say, it's your blog(journal), you should do what you want. Ok, so that's good in theory I guess. I add peoples blogs to mine all the time without asking permission...never thought to ask...I guess because some of them I don't actually know. blog stalking at it's finest. I've never deleted a comment. I have deleted a couple of people off my blog simply because they never posted ANYTHING on their blog...but as soon as I got blog reader, I thought what the heck, I'll just leave them there, and in the rare case that they do post something, I'll know. Hope that helps. If not, feel free to delete my comment. :) love ya.

Contributors