Friday, December 30, 2011

The Elves at Work

We wrapped all the presents days before Christmas so all we had to do was stuff the stockings and set everything out (still was a late night though). 
Santa didn't have enough labels for his presents (and he didn't want buy any more) so he wrapped all the girls gifts in different paper.  The knew which pile was theirs because each girl woke up to a present in her bed (book) with the same paper.  Their in-bed presents had tags instructing them to "open immediately." The idea is they'll read in bed for a little bit and allow their parents to sleep longer.  It worked, but we were still up earlier than I wanted to be.  Next time I'm going to tell them that they have to stay in their rooms till 8 a.m.
See how happy Drew is in his sexy candy cane jammies?  He doesn't look too happy, right?  Well, he's a little tired, but mostly he's upset about  .  .  . 
This.  I decided to reorganize the basement to better accommodate the girl's new playhouse and dress-up wardrobe.  Problem is I decided to do this at about 11 p.m. (reasoning that I could complete it in about an hour--I couldn't).  This is what it looked like around midnight when Drew went to bed without me.
About 1:30 a.m. Liz came down to the basement with her wrapped box in hand and said, "Guess what!  Snta got me a new bike!"  I bundled her off to bed (after a picture of course) and went to sleep myself (agonizing that by being up I had somehow given away the whole Santa thing and spoiled Christmas for her).
Oh, and that bike she was so excited about was very unpopular Monday afternoon when I she tried to ride it (maybe we should have gone with training wheels but this model was super cheap).  

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh, that basement picture! LOL! You are crazy :) I need an after picture!

Contributors