Monday, December 19, 2011

Some recent holiday activities:

We purchased (and donated) Jacob's gifts.  This year we selected traditional boy toys.  I picked a Tonka truck because it just seemed like what I'd be buying him if he lived.  Every little boy needs a Tonka truck.
 Lainey's Joy School class performed a nativity.  Apparently Laines was really into it when they rehearsed, but when it came time to do it for the parents she pouted in the corner (because she wanted to be the only Mary and she wanted to wear blue). 
 Since Lainey wouldn't put on her Mary costume, Ellie wore it.
We decorated sugar cookies with friends, which was very nice, and skipped two cookie exchanges thank goodness--I kind of hate those.
  Lizzie made applesauce cinnamon ornaments with the Activity Day girls and this was her expression when she realized that Ellie had taken bites out of every one.  Andrew was a little surprised too and worried about the glue she may have ingested.  Surprisingly, Liz recovered very quickly (laughed when she saw the carnage and agreed to let me break up the remaining ornaments so they could become potpourri).
 We've continued with that darn elf on the shelf.
We made some progress on our Christmas shopping list (but I still have a surprising amount to do).
 We took Santa beard pictures--or at least we tried to.  The girls had trouble positioning them appropriately.  I want to use the pictures to label our stockings.
 We went to some holiday parties--neighborhood, ugly sweater, stay-at-home-moms, work, dinner club, all of which were very nice. We enjoyed time together.
And, like a complete fool, I took the girls to the outlet mall last Saturday afternoon to look for holiday dresses.  My friend, Jessica, describes Costco on a Saturday as soul-sucking.  I think she'd say the same about Potomac Mills two days ago and she'd be absolutely right.  At least I figured out that I ordered the wrong Disney prince and princess for Lainey.  Of course, that means I have to go back now.  Ugh.  And still we have no dresses.  .  .  . 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ugh. I've done PM on a busy weekend before and it is absolutely soul sucking--especially when you don't even end up with what you hoped to get!

Contributors