Tuesday, December 20, 2011

National tree & Nativity

Yesterday we went to see the NATIONAL TREE and SANTA!  It was a great time to go (4 p.m. on a weeknight).  Decent weather, virtually no line at Santa's toy shop, I easily found parking, and I was able to meet up with a couple friends and their families. 
 First stop: Santa's toy shop.
 Liz & Elle where fine with Santa, but Alaina was was strangely scared (though she was fine with him a couple weeks ago).
 The tree itself was a little sad looking this year: short and lopsided.  It's new, the previous one having been badly damaged by wind last winter.
Notice Alaina's outfit.  She's wearing her nightgown (the one she wore the previous night) over her clothes.  She's such a funny kid.  Tonight when I went to check on her I saw that she was sleeping on the floor and using the rug as a blanket.
 The kids really enjoyed the visit.
 Alaina enjoyed herself so much that she didn't want to leave.  When I asked what was her favorite--the tree, the trains, the nativity, the Santa, or the blazing yule log (the menorah hadn't been lit up yet)--she said she liked it all.  Liz chimed in that she liked it all too and Lainey started yelling that no, only she could like it ("Only one person can like it!  It's only for one person!").
 I know it's blurry, but it's the only group shot I have.
  Ellie checking out the nativity..
 Tonight we chilled at home and made a little nativity set with a print out and toilet paper tubes.  I think it's pretty obvious which ones Laines colored (think pink).

No comments:

Contributors