Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tiny Tots & Tiny Helicopters

We spent the morning at a tiny tots holiday concert at a local high school (orchestra playing holiday and Disney music while costumed kids danced around in the aisles and on stage).  Alaina and her buddies loved it.  They were attentive and well-behaved.
 Ellie was pretty tired by the end of the show, but still not too bad.
 In the evening Drew broke out a birthday gift from coworkers, a mini helicopter.  It was a great way to cheer the girls up after I had threatened to take Christmas away by giving all the presents Santa left them to other, better-behaved children (we made up later and hopefully they aren't damaged too much). 
 The girls LOVED it.
 After the kids went to bed,  I got to try my hand at flying it.  I crashed it a lot--sometimes into Drew--but he was pretty nice about it.
Also after the kids went to bed, Drew and I wrapped all the kid's Christmas presents (well, everything but the stuff I need to pick up and finish up tomorrow).  Knowing that most everything is wrapped (I did Drew's the day before) has relieved a lot of stress.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I wish I could have seen you crash the copter into Drew! We have all but one gift wrapped so I think we'll finally have a relaxing Christmas Eve!

Contributors