Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Busy Lizzie/First Day Alone

Today was my first day at home, all alone, without Drew. I think it went well. I managed to drop Liz off at school and pick her up in time, I found her dance studio, and I even managed to clean up a little bit at home. I feel proud, but I don't expect tomorrow to go as smoothly. Mostly because it is almost 2 a.m. and I have not been able to go to bed because Laina has not gone to sleep. I guess the miracle Swaddle Me can only do so much.Life has certainly sped up for Liz. She is going to all-day kindergarten and soccer and dance classes. Things have sped up for us too. Lizzie has homework which means we have homework. So far Andrew has done most of it with her. The instructions for her Spanish homework were of course written in Spanish so Drew had to turn to an online translation site to figure them out. I'm so glad he's excited about helping her. I looked at the homework and felt a little discouraged. She's only in kindergarten and I cannot read her homework! How's it going to be in fifth and sixth grade and she asks for assistance? Ugh.
Naturally Liz is still asking to hold Alaina daily. It's pretty sweet. She is really excited about being a big sister. In her nightly prayers she almost always thinks of Lainey. "Please bless that Alaina:" will be safe, will know sign language already, will copy Liz to learn to walk and talk, and so on so forth.
I'm so glad that I finally took these pictures. For years Liz has slept with her Lambie (a lovey with a lamb's head), shoving the silky parts in between each finger.
When we got home from Lizzie's dance class this evening, we found a package with her new shin guards. Naturally she had to try them out right away.

1 comment:

rachael said...

Hey, if you're up at 2:00 in the morning, you should call me, because that means it's 1:00 in the afternoon here!!!

Contributors