Monday, September 1, 2008

School Prep

This afternoon I napped while Andrew took Liz to buy her kindergarten supplies. While they were out, Drew decided to also get her some new school clothes and shoes. I woke up to Lizzie's whining and trantuming when Drew insisted she try on the clothing upon their return. I thought it was pretty sweet of him to think of new clothes. I hadn't bothered getting anything for her. I figured she wouldn't know the difference since I didn't make a big deal about "school clothes" for preschool (and I have plenty years ahead when she'll demand them so why rush it?). Drew got her stuff because he said he didn't want her to only have her old summer t-shirts to wear and wind up as the raggedy kid in class.

Along with talking about what to expect at her new school, Drew also had another "safety" talk with Liz about private places and what to do if a stranger asks her to get in their car and so on. I thought the discussion went pretty well, but naturally Liz was a little shaken up (knowing her, I'm sure no one is surprised). She asked if she could keep her eyes open while she said her nightly prayer so she could "watch out for bad guys" and was too scared to sleep in her own bed.

Andrew and I have our own worries. I thought I was the only one, but maybe I was just the most vocal. This afternoon Andrew said that he just wished he could observe her at school so that he could have some peace of mind. Ditto.

3 comments:

Horsley5 said...

Candice and I were just chatting about you and wondering how it's going. We're thinking of you and want you to know we both love you!!!

rachael said...

Andrew is too cute!! I can't believe that he thought Lizzie could ever look raggy. She always looks so adorable...just like her mom!!
Hey, I haven't seen any recent belly pictures. Since you have all this time in bed, take some pictures of the buddha belly!! Has the belly button popped? Mine never did, but I rememeber with Jacob, your's popped pretty early. Did it again?

Sarah said...

Ok, so I have to hand it to Andrew....I don't think any other father would think to buy their daughter new school clothes! Very cute!

Contributors