Thursday, September 25, 2008

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY LIZZIE!

Last night Lizzie helped me make cupcakes to bring to kindergarten today. She wanted to do everything herself. . . .
This morning Daddy made her princess waffles for breakfast, but she wanted her candles in cupcake. I'm a little ashamed to admit that this is her first birthday with candles. . . .
Lizzie was super excited to have birthday treats delivered to school and I liked getting a glimpse of her in class. She got some special attention at school today. Elizabeth said something about getting to help in "circle time" and having her birthday announced "on t.v." (morning announcements?). I'm not super excited about the other kid joining my picture, but every time I tried to get a shot of just Liz, he smiled and leaned in. Oh well. . . .
Five years old! Hurray! I welcomed Liz home with a bouquet of balloons and playdate with her friend Taryn. Taryn welcomed Liz with a present. . . .
We went to Lizzie's favorite restaurant, Panera, for dinner (and yes, she had a wardrobe change for the occasion). Lizzie's "regular" used to be cheese sandwich, chips, and chocolate milk, but she's recently switched to lemonade because she has become convinced that chocolate milk makes her vomit (both times it was probably just a coincidence). I'm note sure what's up with Drew's expression in the background. . . .
Liz just had to bring her new Sleeping Beauty doll (thanks Taryn) to dinner. She even brought an umbrella just for the toy. It was lightly drizzling as we walked to Panera (we live near one) and Liz held the umbrella over Sleeping Beauty, not herself.
When we got home from dinner, we let Liz have yet another cupcake with candles. We've got to make up for the first four years right? I love that she got so excited about blowing them out.
Elizabeth was so delightful and sweet today. We had a lot of fun. Still, sometimes when I was holding Lainey I would look at Liz and feel a little sad. She's growing so fast! Sometimes I wish I could slow things down or at least pause time for a moment.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I love the picture of you in the background because you're wistful expression looks like you're thinking exactly what you later said about her growing up too fast. Happy Birthday Lizzy!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Lizzie! I can't believe it has been five years, holy cow. What a fun cupcake filled day!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Lizzie!
I was thinking of her yesterday and hoping that she was having fun. Its amazing how fast 5 years can go. You made her birthday really special. We still have the birthday songs from her third birthday and the kids love to listen to it in the car.

Contributors