Saturday, September 20, 2008

Soccer

The picture below is of the Mormon kids on Lizzie's soccer team. There are about ten kids on the team. All five of the girls are in our ward. I'm looking forward to visiting with the moms each Tuesday night while the kids practice. So far both Liz and Drew are excited about soccer. When I signed Liz up she cried and told me that she would not participate, that I hadn't listened to her when she told me "NO!" earlier, and that she didn't want to do any sports "with balls." Andrew has decreed that our children will always do a sport and an art. Liz wanted her sport to be swimming, but we want her to at least try soccer. . . .

Last Saturday the soccer league had a big practice/meet the coach morning. We told Liz that it was a "soccer party" so she was excited about going (what kid doesn't like a party?). Despite her initial misgivings, she had a ball Saturday and practice the following Tuesday night was just as much fun. Now she seems just as excited as Andrew. I'm glad that she has had a change of heart because I was dreading weekly battles about soccer practice.

A couple days ago Liz spontaneously explained to me that she wasn't going to cry about dance and soccer any more because they are "fun" and she is a big girl. She has also asked to practice soccer every evening since Tuesday. Last night Drew indulged her. I'm glad they had fun (though next time I'll insist they practice OUTSIDE).

2 comments:

M & J Bowerbank said...

Your officially a Soccer Mom! How fun! I am glad that she is liking soccer! Thanks once again for the food Drew brought over the other night, it was yummy. I think it was my "last meal". Thanks for your support, hopefully I will be outta here sooner than later.

Carrie said...

Jill,
I just checked your blog so I don't know if you'll get this message but I wanted to leave it anyway. Seth really likes watching the videos on your blog. It helps him to remember who Lizzie is since he doesn't see her as often. She is such a sweet girl. I'm glad she decided to like soccer and dance. Sometimes kids just have to try something to know if they'll like it.

Contributors