Friday, September 26, 2008

Today is Alaina's due date.

I can't believe that we have just now reached Lainey's due date. I cannot imagine what it would be like to still be big and pregnant. On one hand I feel like I got off easy because I had three whole weeks shaved off my 40 week sentence. On the other hand I feel like I have actually put in more than my fair share of time into bringing home a baby. I had six months of trying to conceive, eight months of pregnancy, a loss, two months of physical recovery, and then another eight months of pregnancy. So two years later and we finally have Alaina. Now that I have reached the 26th, I keep thinking about random things associated with this most recent pregnancy:

I felt more during the delivery than I expected. With Lizzie I never felt pressure or even felt the urge to push. I had to be told to. With Alaina I felt it. Ouch.

When Drew came into the hospital and met me at the check-in desk, I took one look at him and asked, "Where is the camera?" Argh! It was still in the van so he had to run back. Two days later when he came to pick me up at the hospital, he walked into the room and I asked, "Where is Lainey's outfit?" Again, argh! Again, still in the van. Again, a quick trip to the parking lot.

Having my water break with Alaina was messier than with Lizzie. I felt a little embarrassed when I was checking in to the hospital because the back of my dress was soaked and I was dripping on the rug. The crazy thing is that it sealed up again somehow and had to be broken again four or five hours later.

I wonder if my bed rest"modifications" sent me into labor early labor. Or it could have been that I was a little lax in taking my pills the last few days. I was horrified the first time I didn't take a pill on time or forgot one altogether, but when nothing negative seemed to happen I really eased up. Either way I'm really grateful that I did not go into labor on Lizzie's first day of school (it was the day after).

Lizzie and Lainey were both due on Friday, September 26th. They also both had their cords wrapped around their necks when they came out. It's kind of interesting to me that both of my living babies had their cords wrapped while the one that died did not.
I took Lainey to the doctor again today and she weights seven pounds, 12.4 ounces! She is so big!

2 comments:

Ryann said...

She is precious! And I forgot to comment, but the girls say happy birthday to Lizzie!

Erin said...

Your girls are so beautiful--stunning is more like it. Wow!!!! I can't believe how much they look like you, Jill.

Contributors