Monday, June 23, 2008

Back to Relief Society

I think I'm finally back to Relief Society on a regular basis. I had barely gone since Jacob died because it was so agonizing for me to see (and hear) babies and pregnant women which were all really hard to avoid. I usually just sat in the hallway and read a book. A couple months ago I hit a low point when two different mothers asked me to hold/watch their babies before church even started and another mom, whose son was born just days before Jacob died, insisted on hugging me while she was holding her baby. I went home and told Andrew I was just plain done with church, but some how things got better after that and I have been slowly going back to class. These last couple weeks I have not felt uncomfortable at all. It's a nice change. I feel like church is once again I place to be edified, rather than endured.

3 comments:

Codi said...

It is hard when Relief Society is not a relief at ALL. I used to vent to Scott almost every Sunday after church. I wanted a calling that would get me out of going. But instead I held 3 different callings all in Relief Society. It wasn't until we moved last summer that I enjoyed going for the first time in years. Then I got called into nursery... isn't that the way it always is.

Rich and Luz Stearns said...

Jill - I love you.

flem-fam said...

I'm glad you're going to be there. Now I can have a friend to sit by!

Contributors