Thursday, June 19, 2008

One of those days (& week update)

Today was just "one of those days." It seemed to me that our baby had diminished movement last night and this morning so after I dropped Drew off at work I went straight to the doctor's office. The nurse found the heartbeat almost immediately, but she still hooked me up to a heart monitor for awhile and had me meet with the doctor who reassured me and did a quick sonogram. They were all very nice. At one point a nurse moved me from the monitoring room to an examination room and told me to undress from the waist down so the doctor could examine me. I was surprised, but I complied. The doctor came in and talked to me for a bit then was like, "so why did the nurse have you undress?" Um, don't you know? He just told me to put my clothes on so we could do the sono. It was kind of fun that Liz got to see the sonogram, but not fun to explain vaginal examinations to her (she was amused).

Lizzie and I were still in our pajamas when we were at the doctor's office. I intended to get us both cleaned up before we went my friend Amanda's house to babysit in the afternoon, but somehow I only managed to change my clothes. We went straight from Amanda's to pick up Drew from work that evening and he assumed that I had already gotten Liz ready for bed. If only. It reminded me of when Liz was a newborn and I kept us in our p.j.'s most of the day, only to change us right before Dew came home so I wouldn't feel (or look) so lazy.

Other highlights from the past week:
We spent last Thursday at the beach. Technically it was Lizzie's third time at a beach, but her first time there in a swimsuit (and probably the first time she could remember). She loved digging in the sand.
We had a ward campout last weekend. It was crazy hot, but a lot of fun. Lizzie and I made little cakes in hollowed-out oranges just like I did when I was a kid. Unfortunately I left my camera's memory card in my laptop so I have no pictures of our fun over-nighter. Andrew said one of his favorite things about the night was hearing the pregos walk past our tent throughout to the night on their way to the bathroom (me included). I think there were six or seven of us. Father's Day was fun. We gave Drew some shirts and ties. Every time Drew opened a new gift Liz would exclaim "Happy Fodder's Day!" I also gave Drew a scrapbook with an interview of Lizzie. Liz gave Drew a suitcase that she had filled with the toys she and daddy like to play with together.

On Monday we spent a fun day at the pool. It was Lizzie's second time wearing water wings, but her first time really venturing out in them. I was so proud of her for trying. At the beginning of the day she wouldn't let go of me, but the end she didn't want me to touch her as she paddled around.
Lizzie's friend Maeve (in town from Africa) spent Tuesday with us. The girls enjoyed a fun-filled morning playing with paint, playdough, and my little ponies. In the afternoon we went to Burke Lake Park where we rode the train and carousel.

On Wednesday we enjoyed another playdate with Maeve and our other playgroup friends. That evening I had a girls night with Maeve's mom Chanda and friends Ryann and Wendi. It was so fun--just like old times. I'm was so sad to say goodbye to Chanda at the end of the night. At least we know we can see her (and family) for a brief visit every summer.

3 comments:

rachael said...

Jill,
I loved this blog post, so much going on in your life, I love it. I also love your sun hat. I ordered one from Gap very similar, but it hasn't gotten here yet.
You look so great and so happy. It sounds like you've had a great summer already and there's still so much of it left.

Ali Snow said...

How does Lizzie have a friend from Africa? I mean, I know you guys are awesome but that's pretty incredible. You look great Jill!

Jessica said...

Lizzie is so beautiful! You look wonderful too, as usual!

Contributors