Tuesday, June 3, 2008

South Carolina so far

Lizzie and I have had a nice time in South Carolina so far. My mom has been sewing a few things for me and I have been trying to get Liz back to our usual routine. I expect for grandparents to indulge their grandchildren and Lizzie was certainly pampered last week. She is upset that I will not sit in the backseat of the car with her to keep her company, let her watch movies in bed at night, play with her constantly, and so on. Yesterday, in apparent exasperation she snapped "you're not the ruler of this house!" Indeed. Tonight she cried herself to sleep because I would not lay down with her (or let Nana go keep her company). Between tears she said "I miss my daddy. My daddy is my friend. My daddy is nice to me. . . . "We have enjoyed playing in the pool together and I especially like that I can carry her because now she's too big to lift when we are out of the water. Today my shoulders started peeling from my Florida sunburn. Lizzie said that my skin was "gross" and would not touch me (she seemed to think it was contagious). Other fun Lizzie moments: Yesterday we went into a "family bathroom" at Walmart. There were two toilets so Liz insisted on using one for #1 and then moving to the other one for #2. She keeps calling her cousin Willa, "Cawilla," and yesterday she prayed that we would "fight well enough to kill the bad guys."
I put pigtails in Lizzie's hair while she was watching TV. She hated them. Next I tried braids. Same reaction. Argh!
In the above picture Liz is enjoying icecream at Red Lobster. She had fried popcorn shrimp for dinner because we told her they were chicken nuggets (apparently Nana and Papa told her the same thing last week). Every now and then a piece of shrimp would fall out of the breading and she got really suspicious so it probably won't work again.

No comments:

Contributors