Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Drama Queen

Liz can be sooooooo dramatic. I find some of the things she does amusing, others are merely annoying. Last week Andrew caught her hiding my sandals. Lizzie's explanation was that my sandals were prettier than hers (they have sparkles) so she didn't want me to wear them. I didn't think the petty girl stuff would start so young. Then on Saturday Elizabeth wanted me to play with her instead of clean the den so she piled up whatever she could in front of the den entrance in an attempt to prevent me from working (see above picture). Her efforts were futile.

Often Lizzie's drama is associated with her various expressions of negative behavior. Sometimes when I put her in time out she spends her time chanting "I am right, Mommy is wrong. I am right, Mommy is wrong. . . . " or "I am nice, Mommy is naughty. I am nice, Mommy is naughty. . . . " Lucky for her that just makes me laugh. It's kind of nice that currently the meanest thing she can think of to call us is "naughty." I imagine her terminology will be more diverse by the time she reaches her teen years. The first time she yelled "You are naughty!" at the top of her lungs and stomped out of the room, Andrew turned to me and said "You know that's the worst word she could think of. If she knew how to swear she probably would have."

1 comment:

Lea said...

Tag, you're it! Check out my blog.

Contributors