Saturday, June 28, 2008

Just bad timing

I can't believe what bad luck we had when I tried to take Lizzie and her friend Emilie swimming yesterday afternoon. We didn't have much time, just a little over an hour before I needed to be back to Emilie's house to babysit her siblings (mom had a dental appointment), but I figured that was enough time. I don't last long at the pool when I don't have another mom to talk to.

Well, when we got there the life guards were just adding chemicals to the big pool so they said we had to stay out of it for 15 minutes. Fine, we went to the baby pool. After a few minutes a life guard tested the chemicals in the baby pool and announced it would be closed for the day. So, I waited the remainder of the 15 minutes with two very bored little girls by the side of the pool.

Finally we were allowed back in the big pool. As we got in Lizzie overheard the life guard say that something "is coming." She asked him what was coming. "The thunder." Well, naturally Lizzie freaked out. She kept trying to get out of the pool and run away which I obviously could not allow since I had another child to watch who was happily paddling away from us.

I finally forced Liz into the pool and within about 5 minutes Emilie noticed what appeared to a frog in the pool. We notified the life guards and one of them checked it out (though very reluctantly). Sure enough, dead frog. The pool had to be evacuated again which turned out to be good timing because as soon as we reached our towels the clouds erupted into a deluge.

Better luck next time I guess.

No comments:

Contributors