Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A nice break

Today my mom watched Lizzie while I went to a local strip mall to browse (but not buy anything since I left my wallet in Virginia) and watch "Baby Mama." It was actually my first time going to a movie alone and was a really nice break from parenting responsibilities . . .

Now tonight I'm sorting through all the baby clothes and supplies I have been storing at my parent's house. I did not buy many new clothes for Jacob because a friend had given me so many hand-me-downs, but a had a few things and I was surprised that it didn't upset me to see and handle them. Previously I burst into tears when I saw the swimsuit I bought him, now I'm okay. I guess that means I'm making progress. I'm still going to play it safe though and leave all the baby gear here. Last summer I spent a lot of time hauling baby stuff to my apartment only to have to haul it back at Thanksgiving. This time I'm bringing the carseat and clearly labeling everything else so my mom can bring it if everything works out.

Speaking of my mom, the other night I got to define MILF for her. Thank you Jay Leno.

Here's another little video for Drew:

3 comments:

flem-fam said...

LOL @ explaining to your mom! We miss you guys - when are you coming back?!?

Codi said...

Ha Ha! I had a similar experience (MILF) with your parents last year when I was visiting.

Rebecca said...

Oh man - here is my MILF story - I was at my cousin's FUNERAL - and I was telling my mom and brother about my painting website - paintingmom.com. My brother said 'Oh Rebecca - you should call it paintingMILF.com instead. My mom laughed - I don't think she had ANY idea what he was referring to. Thanks Jimi! :{

Contributors