Friday, June 13, 2008

Grading your spouse

A friend of mine told me that she asked her husband what grade he would give himself on housework. She told him she would give him a B--to be polite, she really thought he deserved a C (turns out he also thought he deserved a C).

So, the other day while we were waiting for our "Strengthening Your Marriage" class to start I asked Andrew what grade he would give himself. At first he wasn't sure. I told him I wasn't sure either, but it was somewhere between a low B or a high C. He seemed a little bothered and said he deserved a solid B at least.

After class I asked Drew if he wanted to assign grades to other roles and aspects of our relationship. He declined, saying "I don't think I want to play that game. It can only lead to trouble."

1 comment:

Julie Broadbent said...

I'm going to have to agree with Drew on this one!

Contributors