Tuesday, June 10, 2008

More baby names get the axe

We still haven't made it through our baby name book, but last night we decided to go over our current list and make some cuts.

Names I vetoed: Aubrey, Deanna, Melinda, and Haley.

Names Drew vetoed: Reese, Brice, Camille, Blaine, Natalia, Sophia, Chloe, and Zoe. He vetoed Annika because he said it sounded too close to Anikan Skywalker to him. He vetoed Jasmine because he said it sounded like a stripper name.

Names we both vetoed due to the meaning: Cecily (blind), Cameron (crooked nose), Lorelei (alluring), and Isabel or Isabeau (just Elizabeth in another language).

3 comments:

Ryann said...

My sister is a derivative of Cecily-Celia and I've always loved the fact that her name means blind one and I'm little king!

rachael said...

I love that Drew thought Jasamine sounded like a stripper. How funny!!!
Shawn wanted to name a girl baby Porsha...now that's a stripper's name!!

I can't believe how bad Lizzie got hurt!! You must have been mortified!! She's going to have that black eye for awhile...nice summer pictures!!!

Hey, I have a request for a new prego picture of you!!! Let's see how beautiful you look!!!

Horsley5 said...

Hilarious! But I am a little upset about Melinda and Cameron being vetoed!!!! Good luck with the search though - it can be the worst part. We have actually prayed about the last two and received very strong answers!

A friend of mine in town named her little girl Isabelle and her father (institute teacher) gasped, "like the harlot Isabelle?" I too love that Drew had to decline names because they sounded like strippers!

Wait until there's a boy - the wounds just overlap and never end.

Love ya!

Contributors