Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Love Vacation Bible School

I love vacation bible school. This is the first year we have participated and so far it's wonderful. It's free, it's three hours long every day for a week, and Lizzie likes it too. At first I was a little nervous about leaving Liz with strangers, but I was relieved to see her teachers from the past two years of preschool when I walked in the first day. Apparently they attend that particular baptist church and were volunteering at the day camp. Lizzie was certainly excited to learn that her good friend, Jordan, was assigned to her same class. For me, it's been nice to have some extra time to get things done during the day or to just take a break (I liked getting a pedicure without Liz sitting next to me constantly asking "how much longer?"). According to the other moms there are tons of these week long camps in the area. A friend from Lizzie's preschool recommended one in July at Faith Evangelical Presbyterian Church near our Stake Center and my friend, Ryann, recommended one at Immanuel Bible Church in August. I'm very tempted to sign Liz up for both of them--I kind of like the idea of a monthly break.

I took the above picture of Liz and her friend, Jordan, at a stop light on the way home from bible school for a playdate.

1 comment:

Ryann said...

do it Jill! Aren't they great? I wonder if they are overseas as well?

Contributors