Monday, July 14, 2008

Already?

Last week my sister-in-law, Lisa, sent me some super cute handmade headbands and bows for our new baby. It was really exciting to get the package because it was so unexpected and it is the first fun thing for this baby. Before the package all I had purchased were name books, prego clothes, and yeah, that's it.

Lizzie was embarrassingly jealous. She got all pouty and said it was no fair, no one sent her bows or packages, the baby got everything, blah, blah, blah, and so on and so forth. It was pretty annoying, especially because Lisa had included a special surprise for Liz (which she was crazy about once she calmed down and realized it existed). I hadn't thought this jealousy would start even before the baby was born.

Incidentally the above picture was the "before" picture the morning Lizzie and I got haircuts (we have yet to take an "after" shot. I had four inches taken off, but as near as I can tell it's only noticeable to me. Lizzie's only got a couple, but I really love her new, shorter hair style. I wish I could put her in cute pigtails and braids, but she absolutely refuses. I told her it was either pig and pony tails for the hot summer or short hair. At first she started crying because she thought I meant short like daddy. I said "No, short like Emilie." That got her excited. I didn't really want her hair cut, but she pretty much called my bluff and then anxiously awaited her haircut for weeks so we had to follow through. It was her third haircut ever, her first by a professional.

2 comments:

Ryann said...

It is just the beginning Jill! I swear my girls compare everything. It is one of the most annoying activities that they do and it causes some of the biggest fights. The good side is that Liz is so much older that she will hopefully be bored with much of her sister's things and calm down a big. Good luck!

flem-fam said...

That's a great picture of you, Jill!! I want to see Liz's after picture!

Contributors