Saturday, July 26, 2008

YELLOWSTONE RECAP DAY 3

Andrew spent Friday golfing with his brother, Dan, and brother-in-law, Jim while Liz and I tagged along with Carrie, Jenn, and their families. We first found a stream for the kids to play in. Liz loved it and I loved that Jenn, Katie, and Abbey all helped Liz in the water so I didn't have to get in. Next we checked out some waterfalls and the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. The stone really was yellow. It's silly, but that surprised me. We also saw bison, elk, and coyotes. I was also surprised to see how much of the park was destroyed by the 1988 fire. Dead trees were everywhere. Friday evening we had an impromptu talent show. Lizzie was super excited about it and really wanted to participate, but each time she was offered a turn on stage she shrank in fear. Finally after the show ended Liz dissolved in tears because she wanted to perform. So Andrew held Liz and they sang the ABC's together. Initially I wasn't excited about having a talent show, but it turned out really cute and fun. I hope we have one at every family vacation (and I hope it is always optional because I prefer to be in the audience).

1 comment:

Ryann said...

those bison are big! i can't believe that the other car was trying to pass it!

Contributors