Thursday, July 10, 2008

Parenthood

So, it's 1:30 in the morning and we just finished dealing with Lizzie's surprise throw up. I say surprise because we had no idea she wasn't feeling well. She woke up in the middle of the night and said she had to go to the bathroom. Cool. We were really glad she knew that she needed to pee--usually she is disoriented, crying, and hollering "I want to go home!" while Andrew carries her to the toilet.

Tonight when she left the bathroom Lizzie collapsed to the floor crying. I sat down to hug her and she threw up on me. Andrew whisked her off to the bathroom in case she had more to release. I tried to clean up the floor, but I started to gag so in the end Andrew scrubbed vomit out of the carpet while I gave Liz a bath and scrubbed the vomit out of her hair. Ah, parenthood.

2 comments:

M & J Bowerbank said...

Oh no! I hope that she is feeling better!

Ward Family said...

I'm so sorry! We just finished with a nasty flu at our house. It is so miserable! Hope she feels better soon.

Contributors