Monday, July 14, 2008

Selling a car

Ugh. We finally sold my friend's car tonight. Thankfully Sharon Pomeroy offered to babysit Liz and have her spend the night. Because of Sharon's generosity, I was able to get a lot of packing and cleaning done before Drew got home and we set off for CarMax. I foolishly thought all the car stuff would take an hour tops (this was my first time selling a car). Of course I forgot it takes nearly that long just to get to CarMax in the first place. In the end the whole thing took nearly four hours including travel time. I had previously planned a whole bunch of errands and work around the house to do during our break tonight. I even thought we might squeeze in a late night movie. By the time we finished all the car paperwork we were starving and it was almost 10 p.m. so we nixed the errands and work and went to a nearby theater where we dined on hot dogs and popcorn while we watched Wall-E. It was super cute and the food was very satisfying. Last week I watched a documentary on hot dogs and after seeing how they are made I swore I wouldn't eat one again, but it sure tasted good tonight.

3 comments:

Ryann said...

Glad that you finally sold the car. Bet you won't be offering to do that again:)

Jessica said...

Was this the Lund's car? What a hassle! You are good friends.

Jill said...

Yes it was the Lund's car and it's not over yet.

Contributors