Friday, July 4, 2008

Ward Fourth of July Breakfast

This morning when Liz got up I told her she had to wear red, white, and/or blue in honor of America's birthday. She refused to wear the shirt we bought last night (special trip to two stores to find one--thanks for humoring me Drew) because it was "too long," but luckily last years shirt still fit. I guess I should loosen up with the clothing. I imagine Andrew's relieved that I have Liz to dress up because before she came along I sometimes bought him Old Navy flag shirts.We really enjoyed our ward breakfast. After the food and flag ceremony we had a kick ball, soft ball, and baseball game. Liz really enjoyed playing kick ball with Drew. Her favorite part was running the bases. When her team was in field she danced or drew in the sand with a stick. Once the guys moved on to baseball Andrew didn't want Lizzie on the field (safety concerns) so she played with other children and practiced her swing a bit. I think Andrew also really enjoyed playing ball (in part because he hit a homerun). He's had a pretty fun holiday so far. Yesterday he spent most of the day playing golf with friends, then enjoyed a long, leisurely meal. In the evening he said, "I have had a really nice day. Hasn't today been a nice day?" Uh, yeah it's nice when you spend it playing with friends.



No comments:

Contributors