Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bed Rest Update

I thought yesterday would be my first official day off bedrest, but instead it was "day one" of seven days modified bed rest. We are not exactly sure what the medical professionals mean by "modified," but when the TLC nurse called yesterday she suggested that I gradually increase my activity every day so that next weekend I am not going from laying down all day to up doing everything at once. So, I have still spent most of the today in bed, but thankfully a lot of it has been sitting up instead of laying down, flipping from one side to the other.

We have continued to receive support from friends and family and I really appreciated all my friends taking Liz to do such fun things this last week of summer when I couldn't. On Wednesday Lizzie enjoyed a day at North Beach thanks to Tiffany. Thursday afternoon Tricia took Liz downtown to see the Jim Hansen Muppet exhibit. Then, yesterday Sharon visited with me in the morning (and fed me scones and did the dishes and cleaned off our cluttered dining room table while she was here). She then took Lizzie with her and her family to a local bowling alley. As expected Lizzie initially insisted that she did not want to go, but in the end she went and absolutely loved it. One of the first things she asked us this morning is if she could go bowling. She has also altered her birthday plans. Previously Lizzie told me that she wanted a Build-A-Bear party, then she changed her mind and wanted a butterfly party, then a dog party, then she combined her last two ideas and requested a "flying dog" party. Now she wants a bowling party. Naturally we are going to wait a couple weeks before we make any final decisions.

Other bonuses from these last couple days: a loaf of yummy bread from my Relief Society President and a delicious vegetarian dinner from Jessica. We especially enjoyed visiting with Jessica who we had not seen in about a year.

1 comment:

rachael said...

Oh my gosh, she is such a girl!!! I can't imagine Caleb taking so long to decide on a birthday theme. Actually, we've already asked him and he's decided on a Thomas the Train party and I don't think that'll change in the next 2 months.
That's so funny!!! When we had one of our little girl friends over for a playdate, I was giving the kids a snack and she said that she wanted a yogurt and Caleb wanted crackers. Caleb ate his crackers immediately and she sat there and couldn't decide if she really wanted the yogurt...Poor Caleb was like, if you're not going to eat it I will so hurry up and decide!!! It's so true!!! Us girls can never make a decision!
Speaking of decisions, did you and Andrew decide on a name?

Contributors