Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm Home!

I made it home. Hurray! And it only took 9.5 hours today. The details:

South Carolina - I was disappointed that I had to stop and feed Laina only an hour into the drive. . . . As I brushed crumbs out of the van I frustratedly told Lizzie that, road trip or no road trip, I probably wouldn't let her eat in the car anymore. She asked, "Do you still think I'm nice and cute and tell the truth all the time?" . . . Liz spent a lot of time playing with her "Dorfdee" doll (a.k.a. Dorothy from Wizard of Oz). Someday I'll teach her the correct pronunciation. . . . North Carolina - Junie B. Jones CDs . . . A sign for "Hi Fashion Wigs" . . . Liz entertained herself with her Leapfrog Leap Pad. I entertained myself by taking pictures of myself and Liz (see above). . . . Alaina slept pretty well despite me constantly poking her to make sure she would move and was therefore still alive (I'm working on the paranoia). . . . We had lunch at the Cracker Barrel where Liz and I ate three kids meals between the two of us and Liz demonstrated one of the moves she learned in P.E. (the bubble). . . .

Virginia - Argh! Stop and go traffic! . . . Liz practiced gargling, listened to Junie B. Jones, and finally slept the last hour. . . . I took more pictures. . . . Alaina fussed on and off the last couple hours, but didn't wake up and then WE WERE HOME!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I loved all the photos! I love seeing you with a smile in almost all of your photos...that makes me happy. You are one turbo mama for making that trip solo! What a sweet hubs for getting you a spa treatment!

Lea said...

What a fun trip! Great job to Andrew for setting up such a relaxing day for you at the spa. Maybe you can have Andrew talk with Brent.... Glad you are back, looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

flem-fam said...

I love the self portraits!

Contributors