Friday, October 10, 2008

We made it!

Well, I made it to South Carolina alright yesterday. What is normally a 7.5 hour drive took me 10 hours because I had to stop and feed and baby and when I did that I also ended up playing with Lizzie. This was my trip:

Virginia - listen to Junie B. Jones CDs, drive, feed the kids at McDonalds (which mercifully had an indoor playground). North Carolina - listen to Junie B. Jones CDs, drive, long break at a rest stop where Lizzie and I played teacher/mommy (Liz) and student/child (me), HEAVY rainstorm, patches of traffic, feed the baby at a gas station.
South Carolina - listen to Charlotte's Web CDs, drive, Lizzie finally drifts off to sleep for an hour nap, arrive.

Today has been a bit more fun (and relaxing). We swam a bit in the morning and in the late afternoon Julie and I slipped away with the babies for belated lunch. We spent the evening at a local bounce house. Super fun.

3 comments:

Chanda said...

You are so brave. Glad you made it.

Codi said...

I am impressed. It is ten hours from here to South Carolina and we broke it up into two days. I don't know if I would venture that trip without Scott, but I hate to drive 10 minutes, let alone 10 hours.

Sarah said...

I'm so impressed that you made the trip by yourself with two kids. Have a great time!

Contributors