Friday, October 24, 2008

A year ago today

A year ago today I spent the day (and the previous day) cleaning my apartment. I had a month before my due date, but I still wondered if I was "nesting" (something that did not happen the first time around). I happily thought, maybe this means the baby will come early.

The day before I had spent the afternoon at Nalls with my playgroup. As Lizzie climbed over pumpkins, ran through tunnels, gulped apple cider, and did a "pirate dance" with her friend, Jordan, I thought about how wonderful it was to be a mother.

A year ago today I was also worried. As I lay down to sleep that night I realized that I couldn't remember if I had felt the baby move throughout the day. . . .

5 comments:

Ryann said...

Oh Jill,
I remember a year ago as well. It is almost like another 9/11 to me because I remember exactly where I was when I learned about Jacob. Such a sad and horrible day. I hope that you and Andrew support each other through this difficult anniversary.

rachael said...

I'm thinking of you today. I hope that you were able to celebrate the birth of Jacob and his impact on your life. He was celebrated by us today as we sent him up a balloon with a prayer that he watches over you and your family and those you love.

I'm missing you girl. I wish I was there right now to give you a big hug!!

Wendi said...

I have been thinking of you Jill-I remember the trip to Nalls and touching your belly....I am sitting her at the computer which is where I was when Ryann called me to tell me about Jacob. Just know we are thinking of you this weekend and send a big hug:)

PS. Sure love hanging out with you and seeing Lainey-she has a huge fan in Spencer

Carrie said...

We remember as well that day and really miss having a small boy cousin on the Nielson side to play with our baby. Clarissa misses him too. from Collette
I'm glad you honor Jacob by remembering him. We mourned with you and continue to express our love and empathy for you.

Jill said...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time of year. We really appreciate your care and concern.

Contributors