Friday, October 31, 2008

Locked out again

This afternoon when I left the house to get Lizzie from school I forgot my keys with me. I raced up to the condo office, told the lady I locked myself out of my apartment, and asked to borrow the spare set of keys we are required to leave with them. She said, "Sure, apartment #2 right?" She didn't even ask which building. I didn't think I lock myself out that often. I think I've only looked myself out four or five other times.

Other memorable lock out moments:

1) I locked baby Lizzie and my keys in the car. Luckily I had a spare set in the apartment and the condo office let me in.

2) It was time to pick up Drew from the metro. As soon as the door shut door I realized I had left my keys inside. Fortunately, Andrew had a spare set with him and I had cash in my wallet to pay the cabbie when he arrived.

3) Last Christmas when we returned from Utah I packed our car keys in the carry-on and the house keys in our checked luggage. Naturally the airline lost our bags. As we left the Baltimore airport we called the condo office (twenty minutes before it closed). We begged them to unlock our door, then hoped they would remember. They did.

1 comment:

Julie Broadbent said...

five times? how long have you lived there?

Contributors