Sunday, April 5, 2009

Convalescence

So, day two of Drew's convalescence went well. He and Liz were kind enough to let me sleep in. Liz carried cereal and milk to Andrew and he turned on a movie for her while Lainey and I cuddled in bed. The other highlight was when we slipped off to Lea's house for a fondue dinner. Delicious.

I originally planned to go to my parent's house tomorrow but have decided to stay to help out Drew--mainly to drive him around since his right foot is out of order. Drew seems to think he can hobble two blocks to the bus stop to get to work each morning. I'm sure he can, but it seems pretty unnecessary when I can just as easily drive him (like I do most days anyway).

I broke the news to Liz yesterday. She was pretty upset. Not only did she have to leave the Cherry Blossom parade early (in order to pick up Drew), but I cancelled her trip to Nana's house. She cried most of the way to the hospital. And then of course she was slightly disturbed by Andrew's groggy state. After running to him excitedly she sidled up to me and said with concern, "Daddy's not talking good."

So, now we are here for spring break instead of South Carolina and we have already done some fun things like another walk around the Tidal Basin and a day at the Baltimore Aquarium.
I originally planned to get a year pass to the Aquarium, but by the end of it the day, I had changed my mind (actually it only took about an hour). It was fun, but exhausting (I had to carry Alaina b/c no strollers allowed) so I don't think I'll go back for a couple years.
One of the highlights: Liz got to be part of the Dophin show (waved a flag on the side of the stage at the end). I thought she wouldn't dare participate, but she happily volunteered. The only problem was that we had to sit in the "splash zone" and the "splashes" were HUGE. We were drenched. Twice.
I asked Liz if I could take her picture and this is how she posed. Hands clasped, slight smile with no teeth showing. It's one of her standard poses.

4 comments:

Ryann said...

That is just so sad about Andrew. Glad to know that a full recovery is eventually expected though! I'm sure you all can find plenty of fun things to do for spring break!

Ryann said...

OH and the face paint was some design the girls picked out-totally abstract!

Jessica said...

Hey, we were at the aquarium this week too! We went on Tuesday, when were you there? I thought it was fun but not worth $30. We went to a wonderful, smaller aquarium in North Carolina for only $8! It was fun to hear Asher say 'fish' non-stop. I also liked the colorful birds!

DC Diva said...

Lizzie's pose=Mona Lisa.

Contributors