Monday, April 13, 2009

*Warning - Gross Pics*

Earlier today I had the staples removed from my leg and the splint replaced with a firmer cast. Part of the purpose of the cast is to 'stretch' out my tendon. The doctor helped me bend my foot so it is no longer pointed. It was a bit painful, but it was kind of a good pain (if that is possible) -- at least I'm sure from the painful stretching that the tendon is now connected. Of course 'stretch' is a relative term, since even with the cast on, my foot hasn't even made it to a 90 degree angle with my leg. In two weeks the doctor will remove this cast, stretch the tendon a little more and put on another cast for another two weeks.

Jill was kind enough to come along and document the occasion for me. Here are some nice pics of the staples before they came out: My leg sans staples: My new blue cast:Staple removal:

3 comments:

Julie Broadbent said...

ewe

Ben said...

Man that stinks. But thanks for documenting it for us, though! :)

Sarah said...

Woops. Obviously it was not a broken leg. :) I say that from my previous comment.

Contributors